New Logo

New Logo

Friday, January 30, 2015

Serious fan-girl moment coming...

Okay, imagine if you will how you would feel if you had the opportunity to meet someone who seriously influenced you in your life.  Not a family member.  Not a co-worker.  Not a friend.

Are you with me so far?

I started reading romance books in the 7th grade.  Harlequin.  My lab partner used to read them all the time and she got me hooked on them.  As I got older, I continued to read and I enjoyed them but it wasn't until I picked up a Sandra Brown book (back when she was writing romances) that I took a step beyond hooked.  Her stories transported me, mesmerized me and made me want to be a writer. 

Well, fast-forward to current day and I have found out that my idol, the woman who
inspired me to really want to write, is going to be at the same convention as me in May.  I KID YOU NOT.  I seriously almost hyperventilated when I saw her name on the roster and in the promotions.  Me.  In the same building - possibly the same room - as Sandra Brown!

What the WHAT???

So when I just ran around the house yelling that to my husband, he was like "You're looking at this the wrong way.  Sandra Brown is going to be in the same building as YOU". 

God I love that man!

So I may have to let my editor know that there is a very real possibility of her having to shoot me with a tranquilizer dart at some point during the convention.  If she's at the book signing and it's any kind of alphabetical order...well...let's just say that B and C are NOT that far apart. 

Can you just imagine how giddy I'm going to be?  Practically bouncing in my seat!! 

And don't even get me started on the fact that Jill Shalvis will be there too.  Love, love, LOVE her too!!  I go through her books super fast because I can't put them down!  I've lost many a night's sleep because I had "one more chapter" syndrome.  But she's an S and I'm a C so I won't be anywhere near her at the signing.  Dang it. 

I may spend a bulk of the time breathing into a paper bag. 

In case I didn't mention it, I'm talking about the RT Book Lovers Convention in Dallas, Texas!  If there is any way you can get there, you totally should.  I have never gone before - this will be my first year.  I've heard it is amazing and now that I see who is going to be there, I will be having my own little countdown calendar in my office crossing off the days until I can be there! 

Such a fan-girl opportunity.

And did I also forget to mention (or remind) that RT Book Reviews has me as their cover story for their March issue?  "Return to You" - the newest in my Montgomery Brothers series - is the feature story.  Well, they talk to me too, but primarily the article is about the book and the characters but I get some time in there too.    I do believe that I'm crushing on them too.  I may need therapy by the time the convention is over.  

If you're coming, bring your camera.  You can document it.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment