New Logo

New Logo

Monday, January 26, 2015

Do You Follow on Social Media?

Social media is still a big mystery to me.  Of course, I'm old so...you know, that's not surprising.  But seriously, it seems like I spend a lot of time posting status updates, tweeting, pinning, taking selfies...that I'm suddenly running out of time for doing what I'm supposed to be doing - writing.

Huh.

The problem I have, I guess, is that for all that I put out there, who is actually seeing it?  I have a fan club page on Facebook (Samantha Chase Fan Club) that has over 10,000 followers.  My posts sometimes only reach 100 people.  I mean, what is the purpose of that Facebook???  I know there has been a LOT written about this topic but honestly, I don't have time to read it all.  Shouldn't Facebook WANT our posts to be seen?

Then there's tsu.  Are you on tsu?  I am.  I still haven't figured out why or what the
benefit is.  I'm told it's a great place for authors because ALL of our posts will be seen by ALL of our followers.  The problem?  I forget that it's there and so do a lot of the followers.  For the 10,000 I have on Facebook, I have less than 400 on tsu.  Weird, right?  I haven't figured out if people have caught on with it and if my posts are actually getting through to anyone who might really want to read them.

I'm on Pinterest but again, I don't know why.  I don't have the time to update it like I should and I really don't look at other people's boards.  It just seems weird.  And don't get me started on Tweeting.  I'm on Twitter.  I tweet.  I'm hip.  But again, I don't have enough time in the day to read and see what everyone else is tweeting so I'm sure they're all feeling the same thing I am.  Who's reading the tweets???

Like I said from the get-go, I'm old.  I get it.  To me, my cell phone is to make calls, do a little texting and to take the occasional picture.   I need a social media guru to help me make sense of it all so I can stop agonizing over these things and move on.   And you know what?  I know there are people out there making money doing just that and I say "More power to them!"  They are definitely way more tech-savvy than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment