New Logo

New Logo

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Whatcha doin?

It's been a weird week writing-wise. 

Story number one:  We have our hero finally solving the stalking case he's been working on.  The only problem is that he's fallen in love with his client but thinks that he's not good enough for her.  Now that the case is over, he has to face whether or not he can live his life without her. 

And beside that, he's about to go into a meeting where he'll find out if he's actually responsible for the death of one of his best friends.

Deep.

Story number two:  Our hero (who owns a chain of luxury, private resorts) is walking around having an informal meeting with his wine distributor.  Along the way as they walk through some pretty beautifully landscaped paths, he notices a big hot pink suitcase being thrown from a second story window.  He waits to see if anything else follows, but it doesn't.  He's torn between wanting to find out who the suitcase belongs to and securing some of the most opulent wines available.

His mind continues to wander from his important business conversation to all the possibilities behind the tossed suitcase.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Story number three:  Well, story number three is actually going to be a re-write of my
third book, "Ever After".  Not really a full-blown re-write, but we are doing some major editing and tweaking and it has me wondering how it's all going to turn out. 

When I originally released this story, readers complained about not liking the heroine - Ava - because she was high-maintenance and kind of annoying.  Now in the re-writes, we're finding that it's our hero - Brian - who we need to deal with.  Who is going to get the most fine-tuning?  No one knows!

Not even me!

As I was driving to pick my son up from school today, I started re-thinking the titles of my next series - The Shaughnessy's.  Not the family name, but the titles that we came up with.  Nothing has gone into production as of yet, and really, it shouldn't be that big of a deal, except suddenly, it is.  To me.  I don't know why.  Why can't I just leave well-enough alone!

Because I spend too much time in my own head!

And then there's this:  All of a sudden today, a story came to mind that - even if I go with it - wouldn't see the light of day (or bookshelves) until 2018!  Do I dare?  Do I explore it?   Do I start writing what's in my head just to have it there just in case I CAN do something with it???

So many stories, so little time!  This is why I don't sleep enough.  Too many characters are fighting for space in my brain! 

What keeps you awake?


No comments:

Post a Comment