New Logo

New Logo

Monday, January 5, 2015

Breaking up is hard to do...

I don't know about you, but I've never had a 'good' breakup.  You know the kind where everyone is in agreement and stays friends and eventually shares Christmas cards and all that happy nonsense.  Not me.  I'm a bad breakup kind of person unfortunately.  Thankfully, I haven't had to deal with that mess in over 25 years, but still, that stays with a person.

I write books.  I write romances and ultimately in each story, our hero and heroine will break up.  Of course it's only temporary but I tend to go for the jugular when I'm writing those scenes.  Everyone still gets their happily ever after but they have to work for it.

I've been told that I'm a little...shall we say...mean.  And in that meanness my characters become unlikeable.  But to me, that's the way people break up!  I can't help it!  Heck, when hubby and I fight, we fight dirty.  We make up, of course, but in the midst of the fight, we are down and dirty and definitely hit below the belt.

How about you?  Do you break up well?  Are you still friends with your exes?  Do you fight nice? Fair?

Someone please tell me I'm not the only one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment