New Logo

New Logo

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Snoozing in the New Year....

I'm not going to lie to you, I love to sleep.  Love it.  Love it.  LOVE. IT.  That wouldn't be a bad thing if I actually could sleep.  See, here's the thing - my most creative writing time happens at night.  Like after dinner and on.  I have to be up at 5:30 in the morning to get both my son and my husband up for work and school.  Then I have to drive my son to school because the school he goes to does not provide transportation - 30 minutes round trip.  Some days I come home and crawl right back into bed and sleep for another couple of hours but most of the time, I'm up for the day.

Winter break has been wonderful because of the many, many days I've had to just sleep in and take the day at the pace that I enjoy.  I get up, ease into my day and go to bed as late as I want without any worries about having to wake up too early the next day.

That is all coming to an end.

Monday is going to be a rough day.  A really, really rough day.  I'm not looking forward to it.  I know my son isn't either but for really different reasons.  We'll get through it.  Grumpily.  I don't drink coffee so there's not even THAT to help me through it.  And no matter how much I try to say otherwise, Starbucks hot chocolate (although INCREDIBLY delicious) does not have the same wake up powers as I've heard coffee does.

Now excuse me while I go and take a nap.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment