New Logo

New Logo

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Meanwhile, back to reality...

I'm home from vacation and it's back to reality.

Laundry.
Food shopping.
Cleaning.
Carpool.
Writing.

It never ends.  But that's not a bad thing.  There is almost something soothing about these routines.  After all of the unexpected surprises we had on vacation, I'm kind of loving the simplicity and overall boring-ness (yes, it's a word!) to my life.  It's 10 a.m. and I am still kind of in my jammies and working.  Laundry is going and I already know what I'm making for dinner.

Tiny victories.

The whole "back to reality" thing seems to get a bad rap.  It sounds like it's some sort of punishment.  I guess that could be the case if you've been on a fantasy vacation in a tropical paradise but for the average person on an average vacation, coming home can be comforting.  I love my house.  I love my daily routine (for the most part).  I could easily live without the 5:30 a.m. wake up call every day but other than that, my home truly is my sanctuary.

How do you feel at the end of a vacation?  Happy to be home?  Wish you were somewhere else?  Do tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment