New Logo

New Logo

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

RT Booklovers Convention Roundup - Part 3

This was a very exciting day.  It started out with a meet and greet with some amazing fans this morning.  We met down in the lobby at the coffee shop area and I have to tell you, it was just so cool.  Really.  I am so blessed and humbled by how awesome these ladies all were.  We ate and talked and took pictures and it was just a great time.

Plus, Catherine Bybee stopped by our table to say hello - she knew some of the ladies I was having breakfast with - and she was kind enough to stop and take a picture with me.  I'm telling you, this was the coolest thing ever.  I couldn't believe how friendly everyone was!


I had a couple of workshops that were on writing and marketing to go to and then some that were being hosted by Sourcebooks - so of course I went to those.  I even got to be part of the PowerPoint presentation.  Yeah me!

I have to be honest, by this night, I was exhausted.  I really wanted to go home and sleep in my own bed.  But I persevered and was hanging out with my cool blogger ladies and we were in the hotel bar just relaxing when all of a sudden, Sandra Brown walked in.  Now keep in mind, she is one of my all-time favorite authors.  The fact that I was staying in the same hotel as her was just mind boggling.

So I slunk down in my chair and was essentially taking stalker pictures of her.  I figured, hey, she's Sandra-freaking-Brown and as friendly and as gracious as everyone else has been, there is no way I could have possibly been bold enough to go over and get my picture with her.

But that didn't stop dear old Pat (quite possibly the coolest blogger ever) from going over and bring Sandra Brown over to the table to say hello!  Could.  Not.  Believe.  It.  I almost hyperventalated but - surprise, surprise - she was incredibly gracious and warm and wonderful and was kind enough to stay long enough to pose for a picture with me!

I think I cried a little.

So while I was riding that high, who comes over to the table - because she knew the ladies I was with! - but Lori Wilde!  I'm telling you, it was crazy!!  I had just finished reading her latest book right before I left for RT and the funny thing was, it was my goal this day to meet her!  And there she was!  Standing at my table!  I actually felt a wee-bit dorky asking for a picture with her, but she posed with me anyway.


Do you see how short I am???

So really, today was probably my most star-struck day.  I still can't believe I got to meet all these people!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sandra Brown...I was very young when I started reading her books. I had read previously that you were excited about this book signing because she was going to be there too. I am very happy that you had this opportunity. I have found that authors, PAs, bloggers, and readers can be some of the nicest freaking people. I hope that someday I will be able to go to something similar where I can meet some of the people who inspire me everyday.

    ReplyDelete