New Logo

New Logo

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Not so much...

Okay, so I leave for the airport in a little less than two hours.  Am I packed?  Not completely.  I used to be the kind of person who was packed and ready to go DAYS before I actually had to go.  Now?  Not so much. 

I'm off to Dallas for the RT Booklovers Convention.  It's my first time going and this is going to be my first national convention.  I AM TOTALLY SCARED.  I'm normally a fairly outgoing, cheery person.  Now?  Not so much.

Hubby is at work.  Son is at school.  Dog is looking at me with those big sad Pug eyes and I don't want to go.  I'm discovering I'm really more of a homebody.  All those years we were too poor to travel and I remember thinking that when we could afford it, I would.  Now?  Not so much.

It's totally confusing.  I don't get why I'm suddenly a procrastinator.  Or why I suddenly don't want to go anywhere.  It's a little mind boggling.

I have everything I need.  I've made sure hubby, son, AND Pug are all taken care of while I'm gone.  But right now I just want to be in my yoga pants, eating a muffin and know that I'm staying home.  WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME???

I'll be signing with something like 800 other authors.  There's supposed to be like 2,000 people there.  Maybe more.  Most of the events I go to have less than 100 authors and maybe 300 readers/ticket holders.  I think one event sold 500.  Those events, I can handle.  The thought of being in this big of a crowd?  It's terrifying.

Anyway, wish me luck.  I'll be in Dallas if you need me.  And if you are in Dallas, come to the Hyatt Regency on Saturday from 11-2 and say hello!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an incredible event! Hope you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete