New Logo

New Logo

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

My new guilty pleasure...

I read contemporary romances.  Always have.  I was a Harlequin girl in the beginning and then branched out to the Desire line and then got hooked on Nora Roberts, Sandra Brown, Susan Mallery, Debbie Macomber, Diana Palmer and so on.  It's because of these amazing authors that I write contemporary romances.  People ask me all the time if I read any other genres and I firmly tell them no.

I will be changing my answer from now on.

A fellow author recommended a new adult story to me.  It didn't appeal to me at first because, well...I'm old.  I don't want to read about college kids having sex and all that.  I mean...I have a college-age son.  I just didn't want to go there.  But she persisted and I read the book.

And now I'm a little hooked. 

Don't get me wrong, I won't read just any NA novel that's out there.  The plot still has to interest me.  But I've found a few that I have really enjoyed.

Elle Kennedy writes contemporary romances - I've read a lot of her books and although they are way steamier than mine, I love them!  Then she branched out and did the NA series - Off Campus.  So far there are two books - "The Deal" and "The Mistake".  LOVED.  THEM.  Seriously, I couldn't put either of them down.


Then I read "The Hook Up".  I'm reading it again.  Enough said.

And while both of these series are very popular and pretty much well-known, I found a little known author who's book I really enjoyed - it's a lot grittier than the three books I just mentioned, but the pace of the story kept me hooked.  N.S. Moore's first book, "Hostage" was awesome.  And now she's starting an eight-part serial called "Bared to Him".  The first part just came out and I can't wait for the rest.


So what about you - do you stick to one specific genre or do you branch out and check out others?  Any favorites?  Anything you stay away from?





No comments:

Post a Comment