New Logo

New Logo

Friday, March 27, 2015

TGIFWNC...

Sure it's not easy to say and it doesn't flow.  It's kind of long.  But hey, today that is my mantra.

TGIFWNC.

Thank God it's Friday with no construction.

For now.

Yesterday was a seriously depressing day.  The builder came in and took one look at the ceilings and after EIGHT DAYS of people in my home trying to make them right, they are now in worse condition than they were before. 

FOR REAL????  How is that even possible??  I didn't think it WAS possible, but there it is.  After so many days of living in rooms that look like this, you would think that everything would be better.  But it's not.  And what have I got to show for it?  Dust, everywhere.  Furniture, all over the place but not IN it's place.  I had to go to the doctor to get medication because I can't breathe.  So now I'm on a steroid, OTC allergy pills and a cough suppressant.  I thought the worst was over.  I thought there was light at the end of the tunnel, but there's not.  The issue isn't resolved and on top of it, every wall in my house has to be re-painted!  And not by the builder, but by us!  Why?  Because we had custom painted the house when we moved in and the builder will only paint with standard colors.

Can I seriously not get a break here???

Okay, I'm done complaining.  Let's talk about something more pleasant. 

Books.  Writing.  Ahhh...that makes me happy.  I'm totally in the zone with all of that right now.  In less than two weeks, "Meant for You" will be out!  Although I did have a friend in Alabama who found it on the shelves at her local bookstore already!  Now I want to go out and see for myself if that's happening here! 

I'm more than 2/3 of the way done with Shaughnessy book two, but book three is already playing out in my mind so I took the day yesterday to write what was screaming at me and ended up with 10,000 words!  I was feeling pretty good about myself and did a victory lap around my office and ended up tripping on construction debris.

Just more reason to have rage.

No.  No.  No.  Good thoughts.  Happy thoughts. 

I'm learning to get a little more creative with photoshop - except, NOT photoshop.  I'm using some online
photo editing software (PicMonkey) to create some new promos for the books.  I'm not great with it by any means.  Actually, it scares the bejeezus out of me but I'm making attempts and they don't suck so...winning! I was lucky enough to have some talented friends and family help me out with some of it but I'm making progress and maybe a year from now I'll be able to do it all by myself!  It's good to learn a new skill - even if it's only really useful to me!  Lol!

So this is me.  Reveling in having the house - somewhat - to myself today.  Hubby just came home after only being gone for 2 hours.  No work today.  Bummer.  So he'll work on other projects NOT related to the ceiling debacle.  Someday I'll have this house in order and time to myself to sit at my desk with nothing but my writing and maybe some Andy Gibb playing on my iPod.

A girl can dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment