New Logo

New Logo

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Memories from Myrtle Beach

I had a GREAT time this year at Authors in the City.  Last year, the event was held in New York City.  That in itself was amazing.  I had the chance to do some major sightseeing and got to spend some time with my agent.  It was my first-ever signing and I was majorly overwhelmed.

This year I was a little more prepared and a lot more relaxed.  We were in Myrtle Beach - a place I had never been to before.  It was one of those places that I was always like "Um...yeah.  I'd really like to go there" but then never did.  Overall, I wasn't overly impressed with the area.  It was all fine and well but it's a tourist town.  Lots of shopping, restaurants, hotels and traffic. 

Yawn.

But our hotel was beautiful and when I checked in, I asked for an upgrade and got a room on the top floor facing the ocean.  We were two blocks in but the view was really great.  The weather wasn't good for three of the four days - rainy, cloudy, heavy winds.  Definitely not beach weather.  But that was all right because I wasn't there to go to the beach.

I was there to runaway from home for four days!  LOL!

It was a great girls weekend - we went out for nice dinners, had a spa day and were completely rested and ready to meet some amazing fans and authors for the actual AITC event.  I have to say that this was one of the nicest crowds I've ever experienced at an event.  Everyone was so friendly and happy and just plain awesome! 

We were exhausted by the end of the day and treated ourselves to a gourmet steak dinner.  Then reality hit.  We had to go home.  We packed up and loaded the car and on Sunday - the only nice day we had - we hit the beach before getting on the road.  Well, actually, we hit a TON of stores on our way out of town and did a little retail therapy before really getting on the road.  It was total bliss! 

No comments:

Post a Comment