New Logo

New Logo

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Adventures in the City - Day Two

It's days like this that I wonder why I don't travel alone.  My hubby was obsessed with getting our parking ticket stamped because the guy at the parking garage scared the crap out of him.  So we had to wait until the EXACT time on the card before we could start our day - which was 11:30.  I wanted to strangle him.  So much to do and now we're sitting around waiting to get the car stamped!

When we finally walked out of the hotel, we went over to Rockefeller Center and checked it all out.  We were huge fans of 30 Rock so it was kind of a thrill.  We hit the NBC Experience and then had lunch right there and then went across the street to St. Patrick's Cathedral.  So beautiful and it breaks my heart to see the security guards in there doing bag checks.  

I had a meeting with my agent across town and convinced my husband to have pity on me and please let us get a cab rather than walking.  And to be fair, it was VERY hot out.  So we did and it was nice except the cabs don't use air conditioning - just open windows.  So I was slightly windblown for my meeting.
Now here's a bit of childhood for you - growing up on Long Island, the ice cream man used to come around often - Mr. Softee.  We don't have that here in North Carolina and it's something we miss.  So we get out of the cab on Madison Avenue and what is parked right there????  You guessed it.  I was so nervous about my meeting that I didn't get myself any but hubby and son did and I had a taste.  My fear was that I would drip and drop it all down the front of me because, believe me, it's happened.

After we left, it was off to the SNL Exhibition.  I was positively GIDDY about this and it did not disappoint!  I am a HUGE fan of the show so to be able to go to the exhibit and see all of the memorabilia and learn so much of the history of it was just beyond exciting.  We spent probably close to two hours walking through and took a ton of pictures and when we walked out, I was sad that it was over!

It was all down hill after that.

We had to walk over fifteen blocks back to the hotel because we could not get a cab!  I couldn't believe it!  With like a million of them on the streets of New York, not one of them was empty when we needed it!  So we walked and walked and walked and walked and by the time we got back to our hotel, I was just done.  The thought of walking anywhere - including to the other side of the tiny hotel room - made me want to cry.  So what did we do?  It was fairly early - not even six p.m. - so we looked up the best Chinese food takeout in the area and super-hubby and son walked and picked it up and I ate Chinese food in bed.  It was GLORIOUS!!!

I realize we were in the city that never sleeps, but believe me...that night, we certainly did!

No comments:

Post a Comment