New Logo

New Logo

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Adventures in the City - Day Three

Just thinking about this day exhausts me!  It was one of those that seemed to have a ton of things going on at once.

I had the pleasure of having a bit of breakfast - and by breakfast I mean a giant black and white cookie - with the lovely Noelle Adams.  I was so happy to be able to meet up with her and just have some time to chat.  We don't live close enough to do it very often so when the opportunity arises, we take advantage of it.  A good friend and a good cookie.  What could be better?

Then I went and caught the second half of the Sourcebooks spotlight at the RWA conference and it's always exciting to see and learn about all of the new books coming out.  When it was over, Sara Humphreys and I got together for lunch and a brainstorming session about our upcoming scavenger hunt!  

**Scavenger Hunt:  Sara and I are hosting this super-fun event to celebrate our upcoming releases.  "Made for Us" will be out on August 4th and her brand new (and very first!) contemporary romance, "Brave the Heat", will be out September 1st.  So in between those dates we are doing this scavenger hunt with daily prizes!  If you haven't already signed up, you totally need to because we have some AMAZING prizes!  You can join the fun HERE!

Okay, back to the city...

Hubby and son met me at the Mariott Marquis where I was dining with Sara and then we did a little more sightseeing in Times Square on our way back to our hotel.  I took a little siesta because I was so tired and then got up to freshen up and get ready for the super-secret Sourcebooks author dinner.  The dinner itself wasn't a secret but the location was.  

So I casually walked (meaning very-slowly) the six blocks back to the Mariott dressed in my party dress and pretty shoes and joined the forty-something other Sourcebooks authors while we waited for our big surprise.  Within minutes we were boarding a very cool party bus - an excellent way to travel - and taken to Bryant Park right next to the New York Public Library where we had the pleasure of dining outside at the Bryant Park Grille.  The temperature had cooled down and I got to sit with some amazing ladies while we dined on fabulous foods.  Not a bad way to spend a Friday night!

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited!!! I want to read it. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this book, and the cover caught my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I'm so glad, Gail!! Only 2 more days and then it's out!!

      Delete