New Logo

New Logo

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Adventures in Vegas - Day Three

It was going to be pretty hard to top yesterday's adventure, so we didn't even try! 

There is a great brunch place in The Rio - the Hash House a Go-Go - and we had breakfast there.  Hubby had a flapjack that was the size of his head!  And let me tell you, it was amazing.  Yes, he shared - not that I gave him much of a choice!  The portions were HUGE and we didn't need to eat again until dinner! 

After breakfast we took a shuttle to the Strip and decided to walk the hotels.  We walked through Harrah's and the Flamingo, we rode the monorail, we toured the Forum Shops at Caesar's Palace and took a gondola ride at the Venetian!  We did a quick tour of the MGM Grand and then another quick ride on the monorail before heading back to the Rio.

My blogger buddy got me into the Harlequin cocktail party (which was really only for bloggers) and I FINALLY got to meet Susan Mallery!!  OH.  MY.  GOODNESS.  For those of you who don't know me very well, I used to be one of Susan's cheerleaders before I became an author.  And it had always been a bit of a dream for me to meet her in person.  And I did!  I got to talk to her - and her fabulous assistant (who I was even more star-struck by because she's always been so gracious to me!) for a little while before I had to head out to another event!

Then...and I wish I had captured this on video...I got to go and meet the ladies in my promo group - Erin Nicholas, Candis Terry, Jennifer Bernard and Melanie Shawn.   I cannot even begin to describe how amazing this was for me.  I am a fan of ALL of them and to know that they consider me a peer and want to work with me???  VERY cool.  We all talked and laughed and ate pizza together in Erin's room and it was just a wonderful way to get to know one another.

But alas, my husband was patiently waiting for me to come back and pay attention to him.  Lol!  So I had to leave the party and we went and rode the High Roller.  If you don't know what that is, be impressed.  Be very, very impressed.  It's the highest observation wheel in the world and so - for the second time this week - I had to overcome my fear of heights!  This giant wheel takes 30 minutes to go around once and at the peak, you are 550 off of the ground!  I did not go anywhere NEAR the glass and look down!  Each pod holds like 30 people so it's a large space and you get an amazing 360 degree view of Las Vegas, but...it's high!!

Afterwards, we walked around for a bit and even though it was only 10:00 at night, we were kind of proud of ourselves for being out late!  Kinda sad but true.

1 comment:

  1. So excited to read about your adventures and the amazing things you got to experience. I freaked out for you when I saw the pictures with Susan Mallery! HOW COOL! Can't wait to read about the rest of your time there!!!!

    ReplyDelete