New Logo

New Logo

Friday, April 22, 2016

Adventures in Vegas - Day Five

Okay, so by this point...I was seriously missing my bed.  Not that the bed at the Rio wasn't comfortable, but it wasn't mine.

And I was crazy-missing my dog.

Look at that face.  Can you blame me?

So Thursday was a crazy day.  But in a good way.  Plus, it was really the first day that kept me in the hotel all day long.

Today we started our day at - of course - the Hash House a Go-Go.  I seriously just like saying that name.  But this was no ordinary breakfast.  Nope.  This was breakfast with Susan Mallery!!  Holy crap, I kid you not!  It was a small group of us that Susan invited to breakfast and I have to say, it was glorious.  Just imagine sitting at the breakfast table with one of your idols and thinking, "Um...that's right.  We're friends."  That was me.  :)

I had barely gotten over breakfast when it was time to go and meet my publicist for lunch!  There was a great Chinese restaurant in the Rio and we met there to discuss upcoming plans for FRIDAY NIGHT BRIDES (coming May 3rd!).  We had never met face-to-face so it was kind of cool to just share a meal, get to know one another, and talk about this exciting new book.  And just in case you haven't pre-ordered it yet, here's the link:  http://fridaynightbrides.instapage.com/

Now - with a completely full belly - I had to run to the convention end of the hotel.  Did I mention that it's about a mile round-trip from the convention hall to my hotel room?  I got quite the workout this week!  But I ran down there for the spotlight my publisher was putting on.  It didn't require anything from me except to smile and wave once and listen to the presentation.  It was a great time to just relax and think about all the food I had already consumed.

And where was my loving husband during all of this running and eating I was doing?  Well, he did join me for breakfast but at noon we went our separate ways while he went and got a totally KICK ASS tattoo!!  I have to admit, I'm totally jealous because we've always gotten our tattoos together so this was the first time I wasn't with him or getting one beside him.  But check out how amazing it is!!  So while I was socializing and flitting around the place, he was getting new ink!  And what was worse, was that he wouldn't even send me a picture of it to hold me over until I got to the room so my curiosity was absolutely KILLING me!!  Such a brat.  But...it's awesome and it's one he's been wanting since forever and the quality of it far exceeds anything we've had done locally.  So that was his Vegas souvenir!

The day ended on a high note again with a fabulous meet and greet with my promo group.  We met up in the Masquerade lounge at the hotel where readers could come and have a drink and hang out with us.  It was awesome.  We had a lot of people stop by and we laughed and talked and I can honestly say that I met some wonderful people that are going to go on and be my friends.  I couldn't have asked for a better group of ladies to promote with so thank you Erin, Candis, Melanie and Jennifer!  Love you girls!!

But wait...there was ONE last little bit of fun to be had.  The VooDoo Zip Line!  That's right!  This crazy chick - who is afraid of heights - did yet ANOTHER high-in-the-sky event!  Five hundred feet above the ground is a line between two of the towers of the Rio Hotel and we zipped it!!  How badass are we???  I have to say, I loved it at first, then not so much.  Then I wanted to cry.  And THEN they made us do it in reverse!  GAH!  But I did it and I survived and I felt like a total rock star again!!  Woo-hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment