New Logo

New Logo

Thursday, December 18, 2014

What Gives You Joy?



So I'm sitting at my desk this morning and trying to get my thoughts straight and find myself staring out into space.  Do you ever do that?  Normally there are about three different books going on in my head that I'm trying to keep track off but being that we're a week away from Christmas, that adds another layer of thinking.

Driving. Me. Crazy.

The house needs to be cleaned.  The dog needs to be groomed.  And don't even get me started on the amount of laundry waiting to be folded!  And what do I want to do?  Read.  Yes, believe it or not, even though I spend a large portion of my day writing, I still like to curl up on the couch with a good book and read.

I'm a firm believer that you need to make time to do the things that give you joy - no matter what it is.  Reading makes me happy, so I try and make a little time each day to do that.  Music gives me joy.  My iPod is LOADED with 80's music (and I'm proud of it!) and I listen to that a little each day.

But mostly, my family gives me joy.  Don't get me wrong, they also give me grief, heartburn and aggravation, but primarily being with them gives me joy.  My oldest son lives three hours away and he is my perpetual Christmas elf.  I miss him this time of year.  He'll be here for Christmas but the house is quiet without him here as we prepare for the holiday.  

What brings you joy?  Do you make time for it?

No comments:

Post a Comment