New Logo

New Logo

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

This is a first...

You know, for the first time in like...ever....I'm a little bit sorry to see the year come to an end.  For so long we (my husband and I) were plagued with bad luck and just rotten circumstances that we were more than happy to see the year end.  But this year?  2014 was pretty darn good for us.  This is the year we bought our first home.  We got our first dog.  I got an agent and a publishing deal.  He finally got a brand new truck.  So really, life's been good to us and we are feeling incredibly blessed.

That's not to say that it's all about material things.  We are blessed in a hundred other ways too.  We've been married for 23 years and I think our relationship is the best it's ever been.  Our sons are both doing what they love - one in his career and the other in school.  They're happy, they're healthy and while none of it is exciting, I'm more than happy with the quiet and the norm.

So am I looking forward to 2015?  I think so.  I'm not going to lie to you, I'm a little nervous about it.  The new year is going to bring about some pretty big changes - I'll be traveling a lot for book promotions and because of work and school, my sweet husband won't be there to cheer me on and be my rock.  I have some awesome friends and my sweet mom who are willing to step up and assist me and help me at all of these events.  It's scary and exciting and just a little intimidating.

I know it's inevitable - the year is going to end whether I want it to or not and the new one is right there waiting to begin along with unknown opportunities.

Does the prospect of the new year fill you with excitement?  Dread?  Is there something you're really looking forward to in 2015?  Do tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment