New Year's Eve.
It's here already.
Where did the time go??
As I mentioned yesterday, I'm kind of sorry to see the year come to an end. But rather than being sad about it, I'm thankful. Thankful for all of the amazing, kind-of amazing and even some not-so-amazing things that happened this year.
1. We bought our first home! Yes, this goes in the amazing category. I originally saw the model home on Mother's Day 2013 and fell in love with it. It was way out of our league at the time and we never thought we'd be able to buy a brand new home. But deep down I just knew...this was my home. We closed on it in April 2014 and every day that we're here, I'm amazed.
2. I'm being published by Sourcebooks! You know when you just know that something is right? That when you meet someone you can just tell that you are destined to work with them? Well, that happened to me this year. I'm so excited to be a part of the Sourcebooks family and I'm looking forward to my first book coming out with them. They've been awesome to work with so far and I'm so thankful for my team there!
3. My boys. I have two sons. They're awesome. They're also eight years apart. One is still at home with us while our older son lives three hours away. We don't get to see him nearly as much as I'd like but when he's home for a weekend, I just can't stop smiling. They've both had a good year. Older boy (we'll call him Buddy - as in the Elf) just accepted his dream job. He's starting at the bottom but has the potential to just fly with this. He's happy and that makes mom happy. :) Younger boy (we'll call him Gamer - because, well...he's a gamer!) got accepted into a video game art and design academy that he worked very hard toward. I'm just so proud of them both!
4. Safe travels. I have traveled more in 2014 than I have in twenty years!! I'm not adventurous, I don't like crowds and flying makes me nervous. But I did it and I'm going to be doing a lot more of it!
5. Readers and Fans. LOVE. YOU. ALL. I have some amazing readers and fans and I have loved getting to know so many of you. Please keep reading and supporting the books and hanging out on the Facebook page. You guys really make me smile!
6. Health. We've been pretty healthy this year. Enough said. :)
7. Our puppy. Well, she's not a puppy anymore but she doesn't seem to know that yet. She's a sweet pug and her name is Maylene and she exhausts me on a daily basis. No one warned me that pugs were such a needy breed!! But I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world. I mean...look at that face!!!
8. Paint. Yes, paint. I cannot believe how the color on the wall can make or break my overall mood. Everything in the new house was "builder's white" when we moved in. It was all fine and well until my wonderful husband started to paint. He has transformed our room into this tranquil retreat. I refuse to bring my work in there. It's my place to go and relax. Then he painted my office this fabulous teal green that you really can't appreciate from the picture but trust me...it's awesome.
9. Realizing that there are things I can't change and things that I can. I had a lot of revelations this year and have learned to let a lot of things go. There are things that I am willing to fight for and things that I've learned that aren't worth the fight. I'm no longer afraid to stand up for myself and let someone know when they hurt me. Long may that last.
10. My husband. Love this man more and more every day. He is my hero, my Knight in Shining Armor and I couldn't possibly do what I do without him. I've been thankful for him for 25 years (married for 23, together in total for 25 years) and I will forever be thankful for him.
What has you thankful? What did 2014 bring that you are thankful for?