New Logo

New Logo

Thursday, June 4, 2015

When your baby isn't a baby anymore...

So several traumatic things happened today.  Okay, maybe not really traumatic but as a mom...traumatic.

Today was the last day of school for baby boy.  He completed his first year of high school.  The super cool thing about my boy?  He aced it.  Not like super-star acing, but for him, he aced it.  School has never been his thing and he's slightly OCD and has a couple of weird issues and we were worried that high school was going to be rough for him. 

But it wasn't.

He finished the year and he finished it well and tonight when we had our celebratory dinner, I cried a little.  He's 15.  He's not a baby anymore and time is going to damn fast.

Then, just when I was coming to grips with that the phone rang. It was the driver's ed instructor calling me to schedule baby boy's time behind the wheel.  I knew this was coming too and yet now that it's on the calendar and it's a reality?  I can't even believe it.  By the end of the month, he's going to be driving.

DRIVING!!!

Older boy was a nightmare when it came to driving.  He didn't want to do it, he fought it, he had anxiety about it.  The first time the driver's ed teacher got him behind the wheel, he refused to leave the parking lot. 

That is so NOT going to be baby boy.  Sigh. 

Part of me is GIDDY at the thought of him driving.  Someone to run errands.  Someone to run to the grocery store when I'm cooking and have forgotten a key ingredient.  And soon...no more carpool line for me.  These things make me happy.

The thought of him needing me less?  That makes me sad. 


8 comments:

  1. My baby is 22, and no longer needs mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My baby is 22, and no longer needs mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They will always be my babies no matter what they think:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your son. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to yiour son. It's so hard to see them growing up but I know how proud you are of him !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a mom who didn't want me to grow up to the point of giving herself anxiety. I was 21 when I finally got my license. It was so bad that someone had to be paid to teach me. Almost $400 later and I got my license first try but @ 37 I can tell you that I still have growing up issues.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could not have kids because of that I am all my Nephew & Neice's fav Aunt. He,He thought I do love it. It has come back to bite me in the butt.

    ReplyDelete