New Logo

New Logo

Friday, February 13, 2015

Revisiting an old friend...

As an avid reader, I cannot even pick my all-time favorite book.  There have been so many that have touched me and made me laugh or cry that there is no way to narrow it down to just one being "the best".  Characters leap off the page and become real - their stories unfold all around me that it sometimes feels like I'm actually part of it!  Imagine how much more intense it becomes when I'm the writer of the story!

So now that I am with Sourcebooks, I have a bunch of new books to write and new characters to meet and get acquainted yet.  But...the really cool part is that we are going to be re-editing and re-releasing all of my back titles as well.  It's a daunting task but what I'm finding is that I am getting a chance to revisit some of the fun characters I created.

Trust me, it's fun.

This week I've been working on "The Christmas Cottage" and "Ever After".  It's only been a little over two years since I released them and yet I had forgotten so much about them!  I got caught up in the fairytale and myth of couples finding love if they spend the night in the sweet little cottage.  I laughed with my heroes and heroines and fell in love all over again.

Do you like to re-read some of your favorite books?  How often do you do it?  There are times where I'll still have hundreds (yes, hundreds) of titles on my Kindle that I haven't read but I'll go back to one that I have and read it again!  I want that feeling...the way that the story made me feel just one more time.  It's comfortable.  There are no surprises.  No chance of being let down.  You know how it's going to end but you still want to go back and visit.

Have you gone back and re-read any Samantha Chase books?  Any of them make you want to go back and visit?

No comments:

Post a Comment